Wednesday, January 26, 2011

#19: Submit a Postcard to www.postsecret.com

I love PostSecret. I love everything about it. I remember the first time I ever read it, I was hanging out with Sasha & she asked me if I had ever seen it. I hadn't, of course, so she pulled it up and I read through it while she was getting ready. It truly is a work of art.

I think the idea behind it is marvelous. I love the idea that someone can make or buy a postcard, write down their deepest, darkest secrets & drop it in the mail for someone else to see, all the while, maintaining complete anonymity. I'm not one for secrets, if you know me, you know that, but I was able to scrounge up one. It's true what people say. Once you drop that card in the mail, you do get a feeling of relief. A feeling that you've let go of something that you'll never get back. Whether you want it back or not. I strongly encourage everyone to check the site on Sunday mornings. You'll be able to experience first hand, what people around you are hiding. Maybe it'll even motivate you to do one for yourself. If you do, let me know. I'll be on the lookout for your secret, as well as my own, every Sunday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment